Ever have one of those days you will never forget.?
July 25th, 2016.
There is no easy way to say this yet it is so simple. I fell asleep driving, rolled my car, and the best part...lived! I did not hit any other property, person or animal. Even better I can live without that guilt!
I woke up at 3:15 in the morning and had plans to meet Denise at 5:30 so we could finish our drive to The Dalles. I had not slept well and had woken up several times, unable to return to a restful sleep.
There are several things I have learned from my "experience".
1. Sleep is vital to your health and safety. Not to mention the safety of others. Stop and Sleep if you feel sleepy or drowsy at any time.
2. We are all human, it is okay to say, today I can't do this and live to fight another day.
3. "Thoughtful" coverage is better than cheap coverage. Thank you Mutual of Enumclaw.
4. Police, Fire and EMTs work as a unified team to serve and protect. Appreciate what they do and who they do it for. (I have even had an EM stop into our office to see if I am okay four days after the accident.)
5. Be thankful for others who care about you and pray for you. I received an email at 4:52 (read at 6:15AM) a friend was praying for my safety. My accident happened at 5:10 and I lived!
6. GAP coverage purchased on your auto policy (instead of a supplement policy with the finance company) speeds up the claims settlement time and reduces paperwork.
7.Seatbelts and Airbags do their job when used properly. Thankful for my 2014 Honda, all air bags deployed, seatbelt worked, yes there are bruises, but not even one broken bone.
8. You can do $28,000 of damage to a vehicle that has an actual cash value of less the $13,000.
My prayer for you this day, is that you slow down, rest, sleep well and enjoy the remainder of summer.